[CalendarServer-users] REPORTs on collections of calendars?

Sidney San Martín sidney at deeptechinc.com
Tue Dec 13 15:05:40 PST 2011

Hello,
Is it possible to do a report on a collection of calendars, like a user’s calendar home? If I’m looking for an event by UID, I can find it in a specific calendar with a report like this:

   <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
   <C:calendar-query xmlns:D="DAV:" xmlns:C="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:caldav">
   	<D:prop>
   			<C:calendar-data/>
   			<D:getetag/>
   	</D:prop>
   	<C:filter>
   	<C:comp-filter name="VCALENDAR">
   			<C:comp-filter name="VEVENT">
   					<C:prop-filter name="UID">
   							<C:text-match>F3CFFF98-555B-4961-BF6E-7BDAA75AAEF3</C:text-match>
   					</C:prop-filter>
   			</C:comp-filter>
   	</C:comp-filter>
   	</C:filter>
   </C:calendar-query>

But, if I’m not sure which calendar it’s in, I want to run the report on the user’s collection of calendars. I’m not a CalDAV expert, but I did find section 7.2 of the CalDAV RFC:

> Servers MAY support the reports defined in this document on ordinary
> collections (collections that are not calendar collections), in
> addition to calendar collections or calendar object resources.  In
> computing responses to the reports on ordinary collections, servers
> MUST only consider calendar object resources contained in calendar
> collections that are targeted by the REPORT request, based on the
> value of the Depth request header.

This seems to suggest that a server may support this kind of report, but when I ran it (with Depth: infinity) I got an empty <multistatus/> back.

Any ideas?

Sidney San Martin: Developer | DeepTech, Inc.
sidney at deeptechinc.com | T: 646-638-4824