[CalendarServer-users] Install of CalenderServer fails on Ubuntu 10.04

Laurence Popiel lpopiel at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 08:34:58 PST 2011

I am extremely new to Ubuntu and linux in general. I have installed
Ubuntu 10.04 and followed the steps outlined in several postings.
After a little trial and error I was able to set up and access the
CalendarServer and configure users by modifying the accounts.xml and
caldavd-dev.plist. I could connect via iCal and the two iphones in my
network.
Since i was able to get it up and running I decided to build a server
to host the Calendar Server, afp file sharing, samba and use the
server for time Machine backups.

Using a pentium 4 box I installed Ubuntu 10.04 server and followed
these steps:
1) edit /etc/fstab to enable xattrs by adding the “user_xattr” option.

e.g. (all on one line):

UUID=8f2bb850-0e8f-4d81-bba5-fb93ef9b9990 /               ext4
errors=remount-ro,user_xattr 0       1

after doing the above you need to reboot, or “sudo mount / -o remount”

2) sudo apt-get build-dep postgresql

3) sudo apt-get install python-setuptools python-xattr python-twisted
subversion curl

4) svn co http://svn.macosforge.org/repository/calendarserver/CalendarServer/trunk
  CalendarServer

5) cd CalendarServer ; ./run -s

when I run ./run -s i get this:

Downloading libevent...

% Total %Received % Xferd AverageSpeed    Time     Time     Time
Current

                                                      Dload
Upload      Total    Spent    Left       Speed

0       0       0        0        0       0      0

The previous successful install was revision 6725 and it continued and
finished without a hangup.

now it is revision 6726

Any ideas as to why it worked without a hitch 4 days ago and now I
cant get any further than what you see.