[CalendarServer-users] Install of CalenderServer fails on Ubuntu 10.04

Stroller stroller at stellar.eclipse.co.uk
Thu Jan 13 09:06:53 PST 2011

On 13/1/2011, at 7:29am, Laurence Popiel wrote:
> when I ran ./run -s this is the result:
>
> Downloading PyXML ...
>
> curl(6) Couldn't resolve host "internap.dl.sourceforge.net"
>
> I feel like I'm becoming a bit of a pain as my very limited knowledge and
> experience with this prevents me from digging deep enough to figure out the
> problem.

Not affiliated with Apple in any way, nor have I ever used CalendarServer (my desire to do so has waned since joining this list). But in an attempt to help a newcomer to Linux and the command line:

- what do you think 'couldn't resolve host "internap.dl.sourceforge.net"' might mean?

- what happens when you paste "internap.dl.sourceforge.net" into your web-browser's address bar?

- what does `grep -Ri -e internap -e sourceforge .` show?
- what does `grep -Ri -e internap -e sourceforge . -C 3` show?

Stroller.