[CalendarServer-users] Creating a public calendar

Razvan Deaconescu razvan at rosedu.org
Fri Jul 22 00:57:28 PDT 2011

On 07/21/2011 09:00 PM, Razvan Deaconescu wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Does caldavd allow the publishing of a calendar in a read-only form?
>
> That is, I would like create a specialized calendar which only me and a
> group of people are allowed to edit but "the world" may view/access it
> in a read-only manner, provided they posses the public calendar URL.

As mentioned above, I would like to create a calendar that is editable
(share) by multiple users. Could you please point me to some
documentation around this topic? I've browsed the wiki and the doc/
folder in the source files but found no information.

As a side question, is it possible to create a dictionary that is not
directly connected to a single given user? For example, when using some
sort of directory service, the user authenticates to his/her calendar.
Do I have to create a user account (in a directory service) to allow the
generation of a new calendar?

Razvan