[CalendarServer-users] Couldn't listen on any:logs/caldavd.sock: [Errno 22] Invalid argument.

Scott Cherf cherf at ambient-light.com
Tue Jun 7 12:25:09 PDT 2011

Hello -

I'm trying to correct a problem with a fresh checkout of the CalendarServer 2.5 release tag on MacOS 10.6.6.. After a ./run -s and  a ./run -v the server fails to start with the error:

2011-06-07 11:27:44-0700 [-] twisted.internet.error.CannotListenError: Couldn't listen on any:logs/caldavd.sock: [Errno 22] Invalid argument.

This problem was documented by Jason Pruim in 2008 as:

 http://www.mail-archive.com/calendarserver-users@lists.macosforge.org/msg00782.html

and there is an open trac ticket for the problem at:

 http://trac.calendarserver.org/ticket/265#comment:7

Clearly there's some kind of simple workaround for the problem or it wouldn't have been in trac for the past 4 years, but I can't find it documented anywhere.

If anyone knows how to correct this and can write it down well enough for me to understand and use it, I'll update the trac ticket with the solution.

Thanks,
Scott.