[CalendarServer-users] Couldn't listen on any:logs/caldavd.sock: [Errno 22] Invalid argument.

Scott Cherf cherf at ambient-light.com
Tue Jun 7 18:22:10 PDT 2011

On Jun 7, 2011, at 5:58 PM, Glyph Lefkowitz wrote:

> On Jun 7, 2011, at 5:52 PM, Scott Cherf wrote:
>
>> On Jun 7, 2011, at 3:29 PM, Glyph Lefkowitz wrote:
>>

>>> Clearly this release tag should work, but I'm curious: can you reproduce this behavior on trunk, or does trunk start up correctly for you?
>>>
>>> -glyph
>>
>> Yes I can reproduce it on the trunk using the top of tree as of earlier today. It must be some type shared configuration problem.
>
> Are there any other salient details about your configuration?

Here's a high level view of the machine

Hardware Overview:

  Model Name:	Mac mini
  Model Identifier:	Macmini2,1
  Processor Name:	Intel Core 2 Duo
  Processor Speed:	1.83 GHz
  Number Of Processors:	1
  Total Number Of Cores:	2
  L2 Cache:	2 MB
  Memory:	4 GB
  Bus Speed:	667 MHz
  Boot ROM Version:	MM21.009A.B00
  SMC Version (system):	1.19f2
  Serial Number (system):	YM7463V0YL1
  Hardware UUID:	00000000-0000-1000-8000-0016CBAD2BA3

System Software Overview:

  System Version:	Mac OS X 10.6.2 (10C540)
  Kernel Version:	Darwin 10.2.0
  Boot Volume:	Alphonse
  Boot Mode:	Normal
  Computer Name:	Alphonse
  User Name:	Scott Cherf (cherf)
  Secure Virtual Memory:	Not Enabled
  64-bit Kernel and Extensions:	No
  Time since boot:	14:33

I'm running Python 2.6 along with a complicated and somewhat handcrafted collection of open source software installed in /opt/local. It would be difficult to characterize all of the versions of utilities installed though I'm happy to answer questions.

>  Where are you checking out the code?

The full paths to the checked out versions are:

/Users/cherf/Projects/Source/MacOSForge/CalendarServer/trunk
/Users/cherf/Projects/Source/MacOSForge/CalendarServer/tags/release/CalendarServer-2.5

Both were checked out this morning using Xcode 3 from:

http://svn.macosforge.org/repository/calendarserver

> Have you modified anything, either configuration or code?

In both examples I performed the recommended copy caldavd-test.plist, which was done by the script on trunk and manually on 2.5. I'm not aware of making any other changes.

>  Do other machines experience the same error?

I haven't built on any other machines yet since I only have a production environment on this one.

> If it also affects trunk, that is good news - it narrows it down a bit, since it must be in code that's common between the two.

Fire away with any questions you can think of,

Scott.