[CalendarServer-users] Installation from 3.0 tree problem

Andre LaBranche dre at apple.com
Thu Sep 8 11:59:24 PDT 2011

Hi Jason,

I'm not totally sure what's up with this error, but I'm also not sure if "sudo ./setup.py install" is expected to work as a way of installing all our stuff.

To be totally, brutally honest with you: I have never done a successful 'install' of our software using the only methods supported for open-source use. For my purposes, I either a) use it as distributed in Mac OS X Server, b) run it in 'developer mode', i.e. using the 'run' script from an SVN checkout, c) install a root produced by archiving the results of "run -b <path>", which is not intended for external users, but is how we build linux roots for internal deployment (not supported externally because it assumes some things about our environment). The supported installation process is via the 'run' script, which has a -i and a -I method that are documented thusly:

	-i  Perform a system install into dst; implies -s
	-I  Perform a home install into dst; implies -s

I would try those to see what happens.

-dre