[CalendarServer-users] Publishing calendars

Morgen Sagen sagen at apple.com
Thu Sep 8 14:27:01 PDT 2011

On Sep 8, 2011, at 1:30 PM, Matthew Ford wrote:

> On 8 Sep 2011, at 19:15, Morgen Sagen wrote:
>
>> If you perform an HTTP GET on a calendar collection, the server will return a monolithic icalendar containing all the events.  So a combination of crontab + curl on the external machine should do the trick.  Something like:
>>
>> curl -u user:password -o calendar.ics http://calendarserver.example.com:8008/calendars/users/username/17E1DFCF-66B5-41C1-9A71-8E1FFAD92EB0/
>>

> Hmm. I'm not certain what UID to feed that URL with, but all obvious choices return:

> Mat

Your best bet is to use a web browser first to determine the correct URL for the calendar you are interested in:

If you're using SSL start with:
	https://hostname:8443/calendars/users/username/

Otherwise:
	http://hostname:8008/calendars/users/username/

Of course replace hostname and username with your own.  Log in when you are presented with the username/password dialog.  This will present you with a list of calendars, including some "internal" collections like "inbox".  Look in the list for the ones with MIME Type = (collection, calendar) .  If you're using the default calendar, it will be called "calendar", and therefore your URL should be /calendars/users/username/calendar/ , otherwise it will have a guid for its name.  To find which guid-named calendar is the one you want, click on each one and look for "displayname" within the page.  Once you find the right calendar, that's the guid you want to use for the URL.

Hope that helps,
~morgen