[CalendarServer-users] Migration question

Ed Poe thinman at malted.net
Tue Sep 20 10:53:33 PDT 2011

I'd just like to chime in here and second the request for better tools and/or documentation.  I have a similar question (two existing users, data going back more than two years), and Conrad Wasmer asked essentially the same question a couple weeks ago in an email with the subject "migrating to Lion Server."

I found a response in the archives about nuking from orbit, copying old data into the directory where the server will do a one-time upgrade, and then performing the initialization all over again, but that doesn't work for my scenario either (the existing users had auto-generated UUIDs in an XML config; the new server has Open Directory and thus new UUIds for both those existing users and a number of new ones).  Is there a tool or command that will allow one to parse a directory copied from the old server and insert those items into the database directly, ideally with UUID mapping available?  Alternatively, is there a command that will insert a single item into the database with notifications suppressed?  If that exists, I can write a wrapper that will parse the directories and do individual inserts for each of them.

Thanks!

- e