[CalendarServer-users] calendarserver 3.2 on Debian unstable throwing error "socket.error: [Errno 22] Invalid argument" out of the box?

Glyph glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Tue Aug 14 00:09:35 PDT 2012

On Aug 13, 2012, at 3:49 AM, Fredrik Unger <fred at tree.se> wrote:

> On 08/08/2012 01:33 PM, Fredrik Unger wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I found the problem, it turns out it was not a 32/64 bit or alignment
>> problem. Seems to be a C-Python interface problem.
>
> After further analyzing the problem and with help from Glyph Lefkowitz, Chris Cleeland and Rahul Amaram, I managed to create a test case that proved it is a gcc bug.

... and after some further discussion, we proved that the test case actually did not demonstrate that it is a GCC bug :).  However, thanks to help from Fredrik, Rahul and Chris, we tracked down the problem, which was an incorrect type declaration.  I believe it is now really fixed, as is <https://trac.calendarserver.org/ticket/448>.

Thanks very much to everyone who kept investigating this bug.

-glyph