[CalendarServer-users] Locations & resources in LDAP in version 3.2?

tobiasbp tobiasbp at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 02:54:57 PDT 2012

On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 6:24 PM, tobiasbp <tobiasbp at gmail.com> wrote:
>> My guess is your caldavd plist settings for LDAP don't match your LDAP server settings.  See this page for an example DirectoryService plist section:

Correct. I had not set up fullName. I have now, and I can look up
locations and resources from my iCal clients.

I can not however set autoSchedule to true for my locations and resources.

I have set up mu resourceSchema like this:
<key>resourceSchema</key>
        <dict>
          <key>resourceInfoAttr</key>
          <string></string>
          <key>autoScheduleAttr</key>
          <string>employeeType</string>
          <key>autoScheduleEnabledValue</key>
          <string>yes</string>
          <key>proxyAttr</key>
          <string>uid</string>
          <key>readOnlyProxyAttr</key>
          <string>uid</string>
        </dict>

Comments in ldapdirectory.py led me to believe i HAVE to have
something in proxAttr and readOnlyProxy. Proxies are not a
functionality I need, so I just put in uid.

Looking at my resources/locations with
calendarserver_manage_principals, auto-schedule is always false even
though I have employeeType=yes for the entity in the LDAP database?

I have watched the traffic with tcpdump, and I can see that
employeeType=yes is being returned from LDAP.

I have trued to hard code autoSchedule = True in ldapdirectory.py, but
I still get auto-schedule = false with
calendarserver_manage_principals when I look up the resource/location.

Any pointers to a good place in the code to force auto-schedule = true
for all resources/locations?

Regards,
Tobias