[CalendarServer-users] New install questions

John Morris jmorris at beau.org
Mon Dec 3 18:33:39 PST 2012

On Fri, 2012-11-30 at 13:55 -0600, John Morris wrote:
> Howdy all,  Just finished a test install and am evaluating this as a
> replacement for the ancient....

Ok, replying to myself to update.  The lack of b's has something to do
with readline.  Commented out lines 70&71 in baseshell.py and I can type
a b.  Now that I can actually use it I find the next problem.  Adding a
proxy doesn't seem to work.  I tried adding another user as a write
proxy on my own calendar and when I do proxy, add -w and the name of the
principle (which exists and has a calendar they can access) I get:

AttributeError: 'tuple' object has no attribute 'append'

Why do I suspect I have a totally bogus copy of CalDAVClientLibrary?  No
way something this broken made it past 1.0 so I guess the question now
is where might I find a copy that isn't broken?  The checkout command
shown still isn't working.  I get a forbidden error.

It is either that or users seen via NIS can't have anything added to
them in which case I suppose I give up on this and look some more since
it appears you can't mix users from an NIS directory with static users.