[CalendarServer-users] Not a calendar resource?

martin f krafft madduck at madduck.net
Thu Jan 19 12:51:30 PST 2012

also sprach Glyph <glyph at twistedmatrix.com> [2012.01.19.1934 +0100]:
> >  http://77.109.139.85:8008/calendars/users/test/calendar/
> >  or
> >  http://77.109.139.85:8008/calendars/__uids__/d817aaec-7d24-5b38-bc2f-6369da72cdd9/calendar/
> >
> >  User/password: test/test
>
> These URLs are simply 404s for me.  How are you authenticating?

Works for me, I have meanwhile set up a forward to SSL and changed
digest to basic auth due to repeated nonce problems, but they work…

> My understanding is that the Sunbird project is dead, though.
> Have you tried Thunderbird with Lightning instead?

Have not, since it won't install on Debian's Icedove and I cannot be
bothered to look further right now.

> > Or is the name 'admin' hardcoded?
>
> This one I can answer at least :).  No, 'admin' isn't hard-coded.  Look in the configuration file (caldavd.plist) for the AdminPrincipals section.

Oh, okay, thought so. So admin is actually not an admin by default.
Now I wonder why it works and 'test' does not. Do calendars have to
be created or do they just exist for each user?

"by accepting this brick through your window, you accept it as is
 and agree to my disclaimer of all warranties, express or implied,
 as well as disclaimers of all liability, direct, indirect,
 consequential or incidental, that may arise from the installation
 of this brick into your building."                 -- seen on irc

spamtraps: madduck.bogus at madduck.net