[CalendarServer-users] Locations & resources in LDAP in version 3.2?

Tobias Balle-Petersen tobiasbp at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 02:34:23 PDT 2012

Morgen Sagen wrote:

> I just added a new wiki page linked-to from our FAQ.  Please see:
>
>    https://trac.calendarserver.org/wiki/ConfiguringLDAP

Great stuff, thank you so much. I can now see my locations as found in LDAP.
I can not, however, control auto-schedule and proxies from LDAP. Using the
configuration below, I see no proxies for "room1" and auto-schedule is
disabled (I'm using calendarserver_manage_principals to look up data) for
the room.

Here are the relevant (I think) bits from caldavd.plist:

       <key>locations</key>
          <dict>
            <key>rdn</key>
            <string>ou=people,o=locations,o=calendar</string>
            <key>mapping</key>
            <dict>
                <key>recordName</key>
                <string>uid</string>
                <key>fullName</key>
                <string>homePostalAddress</string>
                <key>emailAddresses</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>firstName</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>lastName</key>
                <string></string>
            </dict>
          </dict>

        <key>resourceSchema</key>
        <dict>
          <key>resourceInfoAttr</key>
          <string></string> <!-- Leaving this empty should make caldavd use
the attributes below -->
          <key>autoScheduleAttr</key>
          <string>homePhone</string>
          <key>autoScheduleEnabledValue</key>
          <string>yes</string>
          <key>proxyAttr</key>
          <string>personalTitle</string>
          <key>readOnlyProxyAttr</key>
          <string>academicTitle</string>
        </dict>

My LDAP record:

ObjectClasses
top
person
organizationalPerson
inetOrgPerson
gosaAccount

Attributes
cn: room1 room1
givenName: room1
homePhone: yes
homePostalAddress: Description here
personalTitle: I have a users guid here
uid: room1

On the wiki, maybe you should/could update this:
<key>guidAttr</key>
<string>GUID</string>

to:
<key>guidAttr</key>
<string>entryUUID</string>

as openLDAP automatically generates a uuid for all objects.

Regards,
Tobias Balle-Petersen