[CalendarServer-users] Problem creating multiple calendars for the same user

Jane Atkinson jea62q at xtra.co.nz
Mon Jun 18 14:49:47 PDT 2012

On 19/06/12 05:51, Chris Cleeland wrote:
> I noticed the other day that that a 3.x version was now in the
> package stream. I've also had problems with the 2.4 package--enough
> that I just abandoned calendarserver altogether. I will try the new
> pkg.
>
> -- Chris Cleeland
>
> On Jun 18, 2012, at 12:46 PM, Glyph <glyph at twistedmatrix.com>
> wrote:
>

>> Le Jun 17, 2012 à 8:51 PM, Jane Atkinson a écrit :
>>
>>> Is 2.4 capable of supporting multiple calendars per user? Or is
>>> there simply something I've missed?
>>
>> Yes, it is.  I suspect that the clients you're attempting to use
>> are simply buggy.  Protocol traces (i.e. tcpdumps) of what the
>> clients are doing against the server might be useful, but we
>> won't really be able to do anything about it unless the problem
>> persists in more recent (3.0+) versions of the server.
>>
>> Thanks for reporting the problems though, I hope that your
>> experience gets smoother :).
>>
>> -glyph

Thanks for your replies. It's well worth my while knowing not to spend
any more time trying to make 2.4 work.

Version 3.2 has appeared in the Debian Sid repos and also in Ubuntu 12.10

Occasionally, I've been able to get away with manually installing
packages from sources other than the version I'm using, but not this
time. /usr/bin/twistd crashes.

I'm hoping that eventually, the new packages may appear in a PPA. In
the meantime, I may install 12.10 on a spare partition and do some bug
reporting.

Thanks

Jane Atkinson