[CalendarServer-users] Migrating Calendar server data from Server 10.8 to 10.8

Morgen Sagen sagen at apple.com
Sun Aug 25 17:33:29 PDT 2013

Normally you would choose to migrate data during the OS X install process, or using the Migration Assistant.  However, calendar server does have a script to do what you need.

On the source system, run this in Terminal:

   sudo /Applications/Server.app/Contents/ServerRoot/usr/sbin/calendarserver_backup backup /tmp/caldata.tgz

Next, copy /tmp/caldata.tgz from the source system to /tmp/caldata.tgz on the destination system.

Finally, on the destination system, run this in Terminal:

   sudo /Applications/Server.app/Contents/ServerRoot/usr/sbin/calendarserver_backup restore /tmp/caldata.tgz

The caldata.tgz file will contain your calendar and contacts data, including attachments, locations, and resources.  However, users and groups live in OpenDirectory and will not be copied over.  If your users and groups need to be copied over, then your best bet is to use Migration Assistant to copy everything.