[CalendarServer-users] How to change Wiki entries on http://trac.calendarserver.org/

Andre LaBranche dre at apple.com
Mon Feb 4 13:02:02 PST 2013

On Feb 4, 2013, at 5:46 AM, Stefan Bollmann <stefan.bollmann at rwth-aachen.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> does anyone know how to get access for changing the Wiki of http://trac.calendarserver.org (/wiki) ?

Hi,

We don't have a formalized procedure for this, but in general it's something that is earned; to quote our HACKING document:

	Contributions from other developers are welcome, and, as with all open development projects, may lead to "commit access" and a voice in the future of the project.

Any self-contained documents should be written in RST format so they can be checked into SVN, and then linked to from the wiki. This also makes the documents easy to update via patching.

For example: http://trac.calendarserver.org/browser/CalendarServer/trunk/doc/Admin/MultiServerDeployment.rst
which is linked from: http://trac.calendarserver.org/wiki/docs-trunk

For now, if you want to contribute (which is great!), you can email an RST document for review.

Thanks!
-dre