[CalendarServer-users] Permissions for group calendars

Dennison Williams dennison.williams at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 12:32:25 PST 2013

Hello all,

I am having some problems setting permissions for principals on group
calendars and was hoping someone could help me out.  I would like to set
permissions on groups to groups like so:

./bin/calendarserver_manage_principals -f ./conf/caldavd.plist
--add-write-proxy groups:Domain\ Admins groups:Domain\ Users

but this fails with: Error: Unable to edit write proxies for "Domain
Users" (groups:Domain Users)

I can however set permissions on users to groups like so:

./bin/calendarserver_manage_principals -f ./conf/caldavd.plist
--add-write-proxy groups:Domain\ Admins users:example_user

I am also wondering what the best practice is for creating a group
calendar?  Would I create it in my calendar client (all oof our users
use lightening with Thunderbird) and then export it to a group path on
the calendar server
(https://calendarserver:8443/calendars/groups/groupname/new_calendar.ics)?

Thanks for any feedback!
Dennison