[CalendarServer-users] Howto Contact Server

Stefan Bollmann stefan.bollmann at rwth-aachen.de
Tue Jan 29 12:45:26 PST 2013

Hi,

I'm very happy to somehow use CalendarServer-4.2 for CalDAV. Therefore I followed mostly the instructions of http://www.ronregev.com/misc/pim_server_tutorial/ - even if they are old. Following the steps depicted there I'm able to synchronize my calendars.

But how can I configure address books with CalendarServer? I did not find nothing for this topic.

For the sake of completeness I add here, what I did for the calendars:

On my server I made

svn co https://svn.calendarserver.org/repository/calendarserver/CalendarServer/tags/release/CalendarServer-4.2/
cd CalendarServer-4.2
./run -s
Copied CalendarServer-4.2/conf/caldavd-test.plist to CalendarServer-4.2/conf/caldavd-dev.plist
and changed in caldavd-dev.plist internal IP addresses and BindAddresses as written in http://www.ronregev.com/misc/pim_server_tutorial/.
Then I changed CalendarServer-4.2/conf/auth/accounts-test.xml that it now reads

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!--
...License stuff...
 -->
<!DOCTYPE accounts SYSTEM "accounts.dtd">

<accounts realm="Test Realm">
  <user>
    <uid>admin</uid>
    <guid>admin</guid>
    <password>PASSWORD</password>
    <name>Administrator</name>
  </user>
  <user>
    <uid>MYUID</uid>
    <guid>MYUID</guid>
    <password>PASSWORD</password>
    <name>Stefan Bollmann</name>
    <first-name>Stefan</first-name>
    <last-name>Bollmann</last-name>
  </user>
  <group>
    <uid>group01</uid>
    <guid>group01</guid>
    <password>group01</password>
    <name>Group 01</name>
    <members>
      <member type="users">user01</member>
    </members>
  </group>
</accounts>

admin password was changed.
now
cd ~/calendar/CalendarServer
./run

Then I opened iCal-> Preferences->Accounts tab->+
and configured an account with user name, password and server address with ssl like in accounts-test.xml.
Now everything works fine with this calendar, I can change it on clients and everythings fine. I did not do the guid things described in http://www.ronregev.com/misc/pim_server_tutorial/. But here the applicability of the Howto ends...

Thanks in advance,
Stefan

--

"We do not know, but we are willing to bet that your child who is too irrational to be deterred by your threats of punishment is a better instinctive game-player than you are."
aus Strategic Thinking, Dixit, 1991