[CalendarServer-users] Unable to have a stable setup for CalendarServer 4.2

Axel Rau Axel.Rau at Chaos1.DE
Sat Mar 16 05:56:36 PDT 2013

Am 15.03.2013 um 19:46 schrieb Andre LaBranche:

> On Mar 15, 2013, at 11:37 AM, Axel Rau <Axel.Rau at Chaos1.DE> wrote:
>
>> Currently I'm trying to learn how to profile python processes...
>
> Try runsnake.
>
> Most of the hard work is already done!
Thanks.

> All we need to do is create a directory to hold our stats, run the server with an additional cli argument, perform the operations we wish to profile, then stop the server. Then feed the pstats file to runsnake
>
> 	• mkdir foostats ; ./run -S foostats
> 	• Do stuff
> 	• Stop server (must be a graceful exit!)
> 	• Look in foostats for the goods.
As my port does not install the run script, I used:
/usr/local/bin/caldavd -f /usr/local/etc/caldavd/caldavd.plist -R kqueue -p /root/admin/profile
and got these:
-rw-r--r--  1 caldavd  wheel  628560 Mar 16 12:20 caldav-0.pstats
-rw-r--r--  1 caldavd  wheel   83867 Mar 16 12:20 caldav-1.pstats
-rw-r--r--  1 root     wheel  432429 Mar 16 12:20 master.pstats
(-:

> Using Run Snake Run:
>
> First, install it:
> easy_install runsnakerun
>
> Next, attempt to start it:
> runsnake
>
> You may be missing 'wx', if so, get it.

wx is a GUI tool, which requires X11 on FreeBSD, which is not available on the server. )-:
Are there any alternatives out there?
Any recommendations?

> Next, just feed one of your pstats files to Run Snake Run, then bear witness to the glory of many nested and brightly colored rounded rects, in addition to the list of functions encountered during profiling, sortable by a variety of criteria.
Axel
---
PGP-Key:29E99DD6  ☀ +49 151 2300 9283  ☀ computing @ chaos claudius