[CalendarServer-users] running trunk on ubuntu

Andre LaBranche dre at apple.com
Tue Apr 8 11:39:19 PDT 2014

On Apr 8, 2014, at 6:58 AM, Atli Thorbjornsson <atlithorn at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi guys, I'm trying to install the trunk on ubuntu according to README.rst (after successfully doing so on my dev machine, a mac) but ./bin/develop just silently fails. No error, no nothing.
>
> Maybe I should just stick to 5.1 for now?

Good idea.

However, if you're feeling adventurous, here's a brand new doc, that's so new it's not even linked anywhere, that may help:

http://trac.calendarserver.org/browser/CalendarServer/trunk/doc/Admin/Guide.rst

One thing that isn't mentioned in this doc is that Ubuntu disables SSLv2_METHOD in their OpenSSL builds, which breaks us - even though SSL2 is disabled by default in Calendar Server, we still have the symbols floating around, so it becomes a runtime error if missing.

Instructions for rebuilding OpenSSL to enable SSLv2_method:
http://www.techstacks.com/howto/enable-sslv2-and-tlsv12-in-openssl-101c-on-ubuntu-1304.html

If done the above with success on ubuntu 13.10.

Cheers,
-dre