[CalendarServer-users] Disable caching completely

Cyrus Daboo cdaboo at apple.com
Thu Dec 4 07:03:55 PST 2014

Hi Gaurav,

--On December 3, 2014 at 9:09:48 PM -0800 Gaurav Jain
<monkeyfdude at gmail.com> wrote:

> Can I run the server with caching disabled (reports / get / multiget)?
>
> I tried
>
>     <!-- Response Caching -->
>     <key>EnableResponseCache</key>
>     <false/>
>
> For some reason, on my client I see cached/stale data. Not sure coming
> from server or client caching it. Hence I wanted to run server with
> caching disabled for reports/get/multiget

That will turn off the PROPFIND response cache (which is for PROPFIND
requests on principals, calendar home, and calendar collections). We don't
cache other types of request. You can certainly turn that off and see if it
makes any difference, but I doubt it as that aspect of our code is pretty
robust.

--
Cyrus Daboo