[CalendarServer-users] Find group membership of users on client side

Cyrus Daboo cdaboo at apple.com
Fri Dec 5 12:10:28 PST 2014

Hi Gaurav,

--On December 5, 2014 at 11:51:11 AM -0800 Gaurav Jain
<monkeyfdude at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've set up a group consisting of two members.
>
>   <group>
>     <uid>testGroup</uid>
>     <password>testGroup</password>
>     <name>Test Group</name>
>     <members>
>       <member type="users">cdaboo</member>
>       <member type="users">sagen</member>
>     </members>
>     <guid>734BB9B0</guid>
>   </group>
>

> On the client, I need to know which groups user 'cdaboo' belongs to?
>
> I tried 'allprop' for '/principals/users/cdaboo/' but it did not return
> any group.

Pull up /principals/users/xxxx/ in a web browser. You should see a
DAV:membership property listing the groups that principal is a member of.
Note that "allprop" does not return all properties! Some properties are
explicitly defined to not appear in "allprop".

--
Cyrus Daboo