[CalendarServer-users] help : CalendarServer-4.2 - Installation under Mac OS X 10.9

Bernhard Spinnler Bernhard.Spinnler at gmx.net
Mon Feb 3 11:50:50 PST 2014

On 29.01.2014, at 22:54, Bernhard Spinnler <Bernhard.Spinnler at gmx.net> wrote:

> On 27.01.2014, at 21:16, Bernhard Spinnler <Bernhard.Spinnler at gmx.net> wrote:
>
>>> This worked for me in 10.9, using the same steps you provided, just without sudo.
>>>
>>> -dre
>>>

> Ok, I see a bit clearer now. Problem is still that CalendarServer-5.0 (and 5.1 as well) does not build out of the box on a clean install of OS X 10.9.1.
>
> Now I found this: https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/technotes/tn2328/_index.html
>
> It seems Apple have changed the way Python should be linked to in XCode 5.0. XCode 5.0 does not contain Python.framework any longer in MacOSX10.9.sdk while in MacOSX10.8.sdk it still does. Option -syslibroot /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.9.sdk forces the linker to look in …/MacOSX10.9.sdk. Thus linking postgresql-9.1.2 (at the very end of this post) fails.
>
> So far I haven’t figured how to solve this. Does anyone know where the -syslibroot option gets in? In CalendarServer’s build system? In postgresql-9.1.2’s? In gcc itself? Any thoughts?
>
> Andre, did you use XCode 5 when you reported that building on 10.9 worked?
>
> Thanks,
> 	Bernhard

It turned out that I was missing the command line tools. Since they are not available from within XCode I figured that they would be installed automatically. But no, found that they must be installed separately by running "xcode-select --install” from terminal. Now building and running the server works like a charm.

Sorry for the noise.

Cheers,
	Bernhard