[CalendarServer-users] noob alert

Atli Thorbjornsson atlithorn at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 12:45:54 PST 2014

Thanks Cyrus!

On Feb 24, 2014 5:01 PM, "Cyrus Daboo" <cdaboo at apple.com> wrote:

> Hi Atli,
>

> --On February 24, 2014 at 4:53:03 PM +0000 Atli Thorbjornsson <
atlithorn at gmail.com> wrote:

>> From the client browser I can see that the proxies are stored under eg.
>>
>> /principals/users/user09/calendar-proxy-write
>>
>> If I am user09 can I dynamically add other users to these resources via
>> http or do these proxies have to be set up beforehand via the directory
>> service?
>>
>> Can I add groups to these proxies instead of users? So an "admin-group"
>> belongs to calendar-proxy-write instead of constantly making sure all
>> admins are in there?
>

> The calendar-proxy-write and calendar-proxy-read "sub-principal"
resources are in effect "groups". So If user09 wants to make user10 a
read-write proxy, all they need to do is add user10 to the
DAV:group-member-set WebDAV property of the user09 calendar-proxy-write
resource. So a simple PROPPATCH:

> PROPPATCH /principals/users/user09/calendar-proxy-write HTTP/1.1
> Host: localhost

> <D:propertyupdate xmlns:D="DAV:">
> <D:set>
> <D:prop>

<D:group-member-set><D:href>/principals/users/user10</D:href></D:group-member-set>
> </D:prop>
> </D:set>
> </D:propertyupdate>
>
> Note that you have to re-write the DAV:group-member-set each time, so you
need to get the existing list first and make changes to that as a whole,
then update the entire list via the PROPPATCH.

That's exactly what I need, perfect.

> And yes, our server does support adding group principals into the
DAV:group-member-set property and the server takes care of automatically
"expanding" that and effectively making all members of that group a proxy
for the relevant user.

Even better. Out of curiosity, is that "expansion" cached? If a user is
subsequently removed from a group in my custom directory service would I
need to somehow clear the cache or is the directory service queried every
time?

> --
> Cyrus Daboo

Thanks again,