[CalendarServer-users] OR prop-filters

Cyrus Daboo cdaboo at apple.com
Fri Jul 4 07:26:32 PDT 2014

Hi Atli,

--On July 4, 2014 at 1:15:06 PM +0000 Atli Thorbjornsson
<atlithorn at gmail.com> wrote:

> That causes an error on the server:
>
> Too many children of type {urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:caldav}text-match for
> {urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:caldav}prop-filter
>
> So I'm still stumped...

We don't support the extend query right now. Plus we don't index anything
beyond the UID and start/end information, which means queries on other
properties will require the server to read in every calendar object and
apply the match criteria. In a large calendar that will take a very long
time. Depending on your application, it may be better to cache all the
calendar data locally and apply local search optimizations.

At some point we may enhance the query report with the anyof/allof
additions and index additional properties - but right now very few clients
do anything more than a time-range query so there is little impetus to do
that.

--
Cyrus Daboo