[CalendarServer-users] SSL Ciphers

m at ainc.be
Mon Mar 10 18:40:23 PDT 2014

Hi,

I tried bot ssl3 and tls1 for s_client and both failed. Depending on
what SSLMethod I use in caldavd.plist, s_client will return "alert
handshake failure:s3_pkt.c:1256:SSL alert number 40" when used with a
flag lower than or equal to the server's setting, and if used with
something higher (i.e. tls1_2), I receive "SSL3_GET_RECORD:wrong version
number:s3_pkt.c:337:". I usually get these errors when no certificate is
available but the certificates are fully accessible (they are being used
fine by postfix and dovecot) and caldavd has access. It would be useful
if the logs showed something but unfortunately both the access and error
logs for caldavd are showing nothing.