[CalendarServer-users] shared addressbook

Bodo bopi at users.sourceforge.net
Sun May 25 12:51:53 PDT 2014

Hello calendarserver community,

I'am completely new to calendarserver and try to get calendarserver (3.2) up
and running on Debian (7.5).

I would like to configure an shared address book.

If I figured it out correctly address books can only be assigned to users
and not to groups.
Therefore I set up an user (user1) and created a few contacts.
Now I would like to share this address book with other users. Thus I created
a group with all users.
It looks like calendarserver_manage_principals --add-write-proxy has no
effect on this.
For calendar's, on the other hand, it works great.
Am I doing something wrong?

Is there a solution for this except everybody uses user1's login and
password?

thanks in advance

bodo