[CalendarServer-users] Error: 'Server' object has no attribute 'protocol'

Cyrus Daboo cdaboo at apple.com
Thu Sep 11 06:22:54 PDT 2014

Hi Ulrich,

--On September 11, 2014 at 3:15:04 PM +0200 Ulrich Fourier
<ulrich.fourier at rockyourlife.de> wrote:

> Could it be a storage problem, I want to store the calendar on the
> filesystem not in a postgresql?

Don't do that. The file store is now only supported as a means of migrating
from legacy file store to the SQL store. All the new functionality we build
is going into the SQL store. As a result the file store may well be broken
for operations other than the migration step we use it for.

That said the problem you are seeing may not be related to that. A browser
should definitely work - in fact that is probably the first and easiest
thing to try. The errors you saw with the browser suggestion some problem
with perhaps using SSL when that isn't enabled. So I suggest you check that
again. If you have no luck, turn the server off, clear out the error log
file, then turn it on again and try again with the browser. Send the log
file and we can look at the whole startup process and maybe spot the issue.

--
Cyrus Daboo