[CalendarServer-users] Connection aborted - took too long to close

Jacques Distler distler at golem.ph.utexas.edu
Thu Feb 5 16:02:47 PST 2015

>>> Well, now you have me REALLY confused.
>>>
>>> I did a calendarserver_upgrade when I upgraded to 5.3 (and, again, for good measure when I upgraded to 5.4dev). So I THOUGHT I had the latest schema version. But there's no "dataversion" column in the "calendar_object" table:
>
> That can’t be good. There should absolutely be a dataversion column on calendar_object, and I’m not really sure what to expect if that’s missing. Most likely it means that somewhere along the line, some schema upgrade failed. I’m somewhat surprised that your server is still working...

If you call this "working."

Anyway, according to

http://trac.calendarserver.org/browser/CalendarServer/tags/release/CalendarServer-5.3/txdav/common/datastore/sql_schema/current.sql

there's no "dataversion" column in the "calendar_object" table.

Same for

http://trac.calendarserver.org/browser/CalendarServer/branches/release/CalendarServer-5.4-dev/txdav/common/datastore/sql_schema/current.sql

Now, I'll grant you that there IS a "dataversion" column in the "calendar_object" table in

http://trac.calendarserver.org/browser/CalendarServer/tags/release/CalendarServer-6.0/txdav/common/datastore/sql_schema/current.sql

But I'm not USING version 6.0. Should I be? What's the deal with the 5.x branch, then?

> When you start the service, what does error.log say about checking schema / data versions?

[txdav.common.datastore.upgrade.sql.upgrade.UpgradeDatabaseSchemaStep#warn] Beginning database schema check.
[txdav.common.datastore.upgrade.sql.upgrade.UpgradeDatabaseSchemaStep#warn] Required database key VERSION: 28.
[txdav.common.datastore.upgrade.sql.upgrade.UpgradeDatabaseSchemaStep#warn] Actual database key VERSION: 28.
[txdav.common.datastore.upgrade.sql.upgrade.UpgradeDatabaseSchemaStep#warn] Schema version check complete: no upgrade needed.
[txdav.common.datastore.upgrade.sql.upgrade.UpgradeDatabaseCalendarDataStep#warn] Beginning database calendar data check.
[txdav.common.datastore.upgrade.sql.upgrade.UpgradeDatabaseCalendarDataStep#warn] Required database key CALENDAR-DATAVERSION: 6.
[txdav.common.datastore.upgrade.sql.upgrade.UpgradeDatabaseCalendarDataStep#warn] Actual database key CALENDAR-DATAVERSION: 6.
[txdav.common.datastore.upgrade.sql.upgrade.UpgradeDatabaseCalendarDataStep#warn] Calendar data version check complete: no upgrade needed.