[CalendarServer-users] Connection aborted - took too long to close

Jacques Distler distler at golem.ph.utexas.edu
Mon Feb 9 11:39:11 PST 2015

> On Feb 9, 2015, at 12:02 PM, Andre LaBranche <dre at apple.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> That is really weird, and I don’t think I’ve seen this symptom before.
>
> A tcpdump of an affected connection might help.
>
> Can you reproduce this problem when accessing the server locally? It would help to rule out any sort of network-level influence, such as a firewall.

Yes. It's not a firewall problem.

As I said, the page starts to load (and since browsers do progressive rendering, I can SEE the data as it loads). Then, 20 seconds later, the server closes the connection, and the browser says

  Connection Interrupted
  The document contains no data.
  The network link was interrupted while negotiating a connection. Please try again.

I've timed it (with a stopwatch), and the timeout is pretty consistently 20 seconds (I don't think I can reliably eliminate 19 or 21, but definitely not 30 seconds).

JD