[CalendarServer-users] Connection aborted - took too long to close

Jacques Distler distler at golem.ph.utexas.edu
Fri Feb 13 15:05:37 PST 2015

> In testing 5.4-dev, I came across this error two times while throwing around recurring events with a bunch of exceptions.
>
> [twext.web2.channel.http#error] Connection aborted - took too long to close …
>
> However, I can’t reproduce it after trying a bunch. Also it doesn’t seem to have adversely affected anything - all my tests are producing the expected results.
>
> One thing that might help debug in 5.4-dev is to edit twext/web2/channel/http.py, line 895. Uncomment it and change log.info to log.error, so the line looks like this:
>
> log.error("Timing out client: %s" % str(self.transport.getPeer()))
>
> … then restart the service, or HUP the master process (the one with Combined in its name).

Nope. That doesn't return anything in the log.

The only error is

2015-02-13 16:57:16-0600 [-] [caldav-3]  [-] [twext.web2.channel.http#error] Connection aborted - took too long to close: IPv4Address(TCP, '128.83.114.6│3', 63006)

Which means that _abortTimeout()  is being called from requestWriteFinished(), rather than from timeoutConnection().