[CalendarServer-users] Connection aborted - took too long to close

Cyrus Daboo cdaboo at apple.com
Sun Feb 15 07:15:38 PST 2015

Hi Jacques,

--On February 14, 2015 at 2:19:58 PM -0600 Jacques Distler
<distler at golem.ph.utexas.edu> wrote:

> And, indeed, that pattern continues. When I try again, the client
> requests "Range: bytes=253952-". Each time, the Server sends precisely
> 63488 bytes (62 kB) of data, before prematurely closing the connection.

First off I cannot guarantee that Range requests work correctly (and it
does appear from your analysis they may not be). However, no CalDAV client
should need to do that as they should be fetching small resources. The test
you are doing - a GET on a calendar collection - is not something CalDAV
clients would do. That said, a GET without range should work fine - but it
appears your browser is using range. To avoid that pull up a terminal and
use the "curl" command line tool to fetch the data, e.g.:

curl https://golem.ph.utexas.edu:8443/calendars/users/YYYYY/calendar/

Try that and see whether you get time outs.

--
Cyrus Daboo