[CalendarServer-users] DCS Production Deployment

Andre LaBranche dre at apple.com
Wed Feb 18 15:44:03 PST 2015

Hi,

One more thing: if you are ready to start supporting real users with real data, make sure you are familiar with our various command line tools for managing things over the long term, such as:

calendarserver_purge_* tools
calendarserver_upgrade - for upgrading data in-place when a new server version has been installed with newer schema
backup and restore of the all the service data. This is not limited to only the stuff in Postgres, but also possibly service configs, file attachments, and directory services data.
calendarserver_verify_data for detecting and fixing problems in the data itself, which can happen for a variety of reasons such as bugs or bad clients
monitoring and measurement tools to help you evaluate performance and do scalability planning. Some of these are in ‘bin’, some are under ‘contrib’. Eventually I will write some actual documentation for these...
-dre