[CalendarServer-users] Adding custom propety

Cyrus Daboo cdaboo at apple.com
Sun May 3 07:10:28 PDT 2015

Hi Gaurav,

--On May 2, 2015 at 10:34:34 PM -0700 Gaurav Jain <monkeyfdude at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Is it possible to add custom property to VEVENT in DCS-6.0
>
> I want to add a property
>
> X-MY-TEST-PROP
>
> I think server is not delivering the property to attendees.
>
> How/where can I add a property (custom) that can be delivered to all
> attendees?

By default X- properties are not sent from Organizer to Attendees because
it is not always clear whether those might contain "private" data or not -
so we took the position of never sending them by default. However, we do
maintain a whitelist of X- properties that the server will send to
Attendees because there are some we know are meant to be "public". You can
add your X- property to that whitelist via the caldavd.plist. The setting
is:

<key>Scheduling</key>
<dict>
    <key>CalDAV</key>
    <dict>
        <key>OrganizerPublicProperties</key>
        <array>
            <string>X-APPLE-DROPBOX</string>
            <string>X-APPLE-STRUCTURED-LOCATION</string>
        </array>
    </dict>
</dict>

Just add your X- properties into that array. You may need to merge the
above settings into existing ones as the Scheduling and CalDAV keys are
used for many other options.

--
Cyrus Daboo