[CalendarServer-users] Configure ldap with Caldav

Morgen Sagen sagen at apple.com
Mon May 25 09:53:27 PDT 2015

> On May 25, 2015, at 8:33 AM, Gaurav Jain <monkeyfdude at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I am very new to ldap and I am struggling setting it up for Caldav server.
>
> I am trying to setup ldap sever to work with Caldav Server. I see mapping in stdconfig.py as below.
>
> But the mapping does not specify the user password. Would you be able to tell the mapping b/w ldap password attribute and caldav field

You don’t specify a password attribute in Calendar Server's LDAP configuration — authentication is done via an LDAP bind command.

> * What is credentials for?

An LDAP administrator might choose to configure their LDAP server to not return certain sensitive attributes to unauthenticated searches, so the “credentials” section allows you to set the dn and password to use to authenticate with the LDAP server in that case.