[CalendarServer-users] Is there a way for me to send a custom property to ALL the participants in an event?

Cyrus Daboo cdaboo at apple.com
Thu Nov 12 09:26:25 PST 2015

Hi Gaurav,

--On November 11, 2015 at 12:32:20 PM -0800 Gaurav Jain
<monkeyfdude at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there a way for me to send a custom property to ALL the participants in
> an event?
>
> Following iCal object is not delivered to the attendee (user1).
>
> This event was created by user2.

By default the server does not propagate any X- properties from organizer
to attendee or vice versa. However, there is a whitelist in the server
config that allows you to change that. Merge the following item into your
config to have the X-CUSTOM-TEST property sent to attendees:

	<key>Scheduling</key>
	<dict>
		<key>CalDAV</key>
		<dict>
			<key>OrganizerPublicProperties</key>
			<array>
				<string>X-APPLE-DROPBOX</string>
				<string>X-APPLE-STRUCTURED-LOCATION</string>
				<string>X-CUSTOM-TEST</string>
			</array>
		</dict>
	</dict>

Note that as things currently stand attendees can't modify that property or
can't add their own to send back to the organizer.

--
Cyrus Daboo