[CalendarServer-users] El Capitan Calendar client doesn't work with calendarserver SSL connections

Kyle Silfer kyle at rtoads.com
Sun Jan 24 14:48:11 PST 2016

This might save someone from pulling out their hair.

El Capitan’s Calendar app requires TLSv1.2 handshaking which calendarserver doesn’t provide. The app simply refuses to connect with a misleading error message about not being able to validate username or password.

The workaround is to use a current Apache server to handle the TLSv1.2 portion of the connection and redirect to a plain http connection on the localhost. This killed 3 hours of my day today and I hope someone finds this hard-won knowledge valuable.

./k