[CalendarServer-users] Urgent - Error installing CalendarServer-7.0

Cyrus Daboo cdaboo at apple.com
Tue Nov 29 12:37:10 PST 2016

Hi Gaurav,

--On November 29, 2016 at 12:21:41 PM -0800 Gaurav Jain
<monkeyfdude at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am using CalendarServer-7.0. I was able to install successfully so far.
>
> But today suddenly, on a fresh install, I get the following error:

When we switched over from SVN to github we only updated the master branch
(and what is now CalendarServer-9.0) to use git URIs in the requirements
files. The old svn URIs will not work.

What you need to do is update all the http svn uris to git ones. Here is an
example:

    --editable
git+https://github.com/apple/ccs-twistedextensions.git@15c6916bd22a1c1da7c11bfba27eaec023537cbf#egg=twextpy

The key thing is you will need to identify the exact git commit hash
corresponding to the SVN revision that was used in the svn uri. When we did
the svn->git conversion, the tool did add a "git-svn-id:" item into the
commit comments that shows the mapping between SVN revision and git commit.

As dre mentions, upgrading to CalendarServer-9.0 would be better if you can
as that is what is currently supported.

--
Cyrus Daboo