[CalendarServer-users] Error on bin/develop

Rob Archibald rob at robarchibald.com
Fri Feb 17 16:37:35 PST 2017

I'm running Calendar Server 9.0 on Ubuntu 16.04.1. It seems to be working
fine, but I have this nagging error in the back of my mind that makes me
worry that something still isn't quite right. When I run bin/develop, I
receive the following error:

.../ccs-calendarserver-CalendarServer-9.0/bin/_py.sh: line 104: [: # 1
"<stdin>": integer expression expected

.../ccs-calendarserver-CalendarServer-9.0/bin/_py.sh: line 109: [: # 1
"<stdin>": integer expression expected

It works even though I receive this error, so I'm trying to understand it to
see if it matters. This is in the middle of a function called cmp_version
which is expecting numeric arguments. It receives these 2 values:

1.       20428 - seems OK

2.       # 1 "<stdin>" - looks bad to me

It looks like the c_macro function is the source of the bad 2nd value. From
what I can tell, the function is being called on ldap.h and trying to get
LDAP_VENDOR_VERSION, but instead gets back the bogus value.  I'm guessing
this means LDAP won't work for me?

Blessings,

Rob Archibald, M.M.

CTO, EndFirst LLC

Founder and Music Director, Ensign Symphony & Chorus

rob at robarchibald.com