[CalendarServer-users] Questions regarding delegation, attachments and time errors

Andre LaBranche dre at apple.com
Mon May 8 14:51:37 PDT 2017

> On May 7, 2017, at 6:46 AM, Ian Baker <ibaker at eem.ca> wrote:
> <Screen Shot 2017-05-07 at 9.31.14 AM.png>
>
> This is a bit beyond me.
>
> Any thoughts?  Any way to identify and repair the “detached event without a parent”?

Hi,

It's hard to say exactly what is wrong without some idea of what the problematic event(s) look like. If you can make a slight alteration to the webcalendar javascript, the error message could include a reference to the event in question.

In the file /Applications/Server.app/Contents/ServerRoot/usr/share/collabd/webcal/public/javascripts/sprockets.js, find the line:

throw 'Tried to create a detached calendar event without a parent event.';

and change it to:

throw 'Tried to create an expanded calendar event ' + inEventStruct.UID.value + ' without a parent event.';

You may need to bounce your browser to pick up the change. If it worked, when trying to load the problem event in the wiki calendar, you should see an exception logged similar to:

(note that the above was generated without having reproduced the actual problem; I just inverted the logic of the 'if' expression that contains the 'throw' statement.)

Once you have the UID of the event, you can dump the body text on the server as follows:

# run as root, replacing the UID with the one your client logged about
sudo psql -h /var/run/caldavd/PostgresSocket -U caldav caldav -c "select icalendar_text from calendar_object where icalendar_uid = 'c784ee85-5f70-f701-5961-573cdc2e27db';"

-dre