[CalendarServer-users] webcal won't allow changing delegate permission from read-write to read-only

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Mon Nov 6 11:05:01 PST 2017

Hi all,

I'm using the calendarserver in macOS Server 5.3.1 on 10.12.6.  It generally works great, but I'm having an issue:

I have at least one user that can't change his delegates' access from read-write to read-only from the webcal interface.  The webcal UI allows him to make the change, but if he logs out and in again, it's back to read-write.  No error message appears.  He uses Windows, but as a test we used Calendar.app on a Mac, and from that UI he was able to apparently successfully change everyone to read-only access.  Yet then maybe an hour later, when we tried webcal again, we see read-only in some browsers and read-write in others!  Rather confusing.

Has anyone seen this problem?  Any suggestions for debugging it?

Thanks,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com