[CalendarServer-users] Where best to get some admin/configuration help?

Richard Johnson raj at mischievous.us
Wed Jul 25 19:01:19 PDT 2018

Hi all!

I just setup "calendarserver" on a ubuntu system.  There were lots of small issues involved in getting it to work, most of which seem undocumented, which surprised me.  I finally have it up and running and I can connect to, e.g.:

http://192.168.0.36:8008/principals/users/raj/

and after giving my username and password, I see all of the "Principal Details" information just fine.

I can configure the ical account on my Mac using the "advanced" account type, and specifying:

username: raj
password: <my password>
server address: 192.168.0.36
server path: /calendars/user/
port: 8008
use ssl: no

and it creates the calendar account for the Calendar app just fine.  (I have ssl turned off currently, but plan to turn it on later.)

My problem is that the account on Calendar shows the error "The server specified an invalid calendar home." and "No calendar home was specified for the account "192.168.0.36".

My guess is that maybe this has something to do with caldavd not creating the correct entries in the postgres database(?), but I can't seem to find any information about this on the net.

Any help or pointers to help would be greatly appreciated!

/raj