[CalendarServer-users] calendar server or radicale?

Richard Johnson raj at mischievous.us
Mon Jul 30 12:28:08 PDT 2018

Thanks!  I really appreciate all of the good, detailed, information you're sharing here!  I was, at one point, thinking that maybe I could update my current Server.app originated APN cert and then use it with the open source calendarserver.  It sounds as if you're telling me that even if this could be made to work, it wouldn't last much longer anyway, so it's probably not worth the work.  Apple's push notifications for email will be the thing I miss the most.  It's been really nice to get immediate notification without having to poll all of the time.

I now have my own server running with calendarserver, apache2, xwiki, postfix, and named.  Most of these were easy to setup, since I've done it many times before.  The most challenging was getting xwiki to work with SSL, since it's best done by putting it under apache, but following instructions online, I got that working yesterday.  I'm now all set with what looks to be a complete replacement for everything I currently have under Server.app, which is good.  I was worried about this impending transition!

I just miss not having APNS!  I guess I could always forward my personal email to my icloud email account and get notifications from there!  :)

Again, thanks a lot for all of the great information!  Time moves forward and we all have to keep up!

/raj