[CalendarServer-users] Invitation Organizer Changing

Andre LaBranche dre at apple.com
Mon Sep 9 18:24:07 PDT 2019

Hi,

> On Aug 29, 2019, at 10:44 AM, John Perkins <jp at blackbike.us> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I have set up calendarserver and have it working well except when inviting others to meetings. Upon submission of the event to the server, the organizer changes from an email address to a urn:x-uid address.

This is expected.

> This confuses the client and it reports that changes cant be made because you are not the organizer.

Which client? I'm guessing it's a client that doesn't know how to ask for calendar-user-address-set from the server?

> I recognize the urn:x-uid as a calendar user address. How does caledarserver manager those

There's no explicit facility for administering CUAs. The set of valid CUAs for a user are drawn from the user's directory services record, which is where things like email address, user name, and UUID are defined.

> and how do you maintain the relationship between what the client understands and what the server has?

There should be nothing to maintain provided the client is making use of the ("required" :) calendar-user-address-set <https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6638#section-2.4.1> property.

You can view the server's idea of a user's valid CUAs by loading the user's principal page in a web browser, e.g.

/principals/__uids__/<a UUID>/
or
/principals/users/<a username>

Look at the bottom of the Principal Details section. Any of those values are valid references for this user. Any client should be expected to recognize a user by any of those CUA forms. CalendarServer does try to simplify things by always normalizing to the urn:x-uid form.

-dre