[darwinbuild] Problem compiling samba

Kevin Van Vechten kevin at opendarwin.org
Sun Aug 28 15:01:36 PDT 2005

When I first replied, I had forgotten that PrivateFrameworks do not
have any headers installed, so it may not be possible to compile
this.  Compiling without the ByteRangeLocking framework may be your
only option at this point.

On Aug 27, 2005, at 2:11 PM, Antoine Duchâteau wrote:

> I actually tried that before posting but I got an error which I
> understood to be linked to the framework not being universal.
> How do you darwinbuild for one specific architecture (ppc in this
> case) ?

In order to do PPC-only builds from DarwinBuild:

# darwinxref edit 8A428

This will edit the 8A428 plist in vi (or your the editor specified in
$VISUAL or $EDITOR).

Edit the file, changing the RC_ARCHS entry in the "environment"
dictionary from RC_ARCHS="ppc i386"; to RC_ARCHS="ppc";

Save your changes, and the next build will be PPC-only.

- Kevin