[darwinbuild] Building perl-35

Mark Pauley mpauley at mac.com
Tue Dec 20 13:14:22 PST 2005

If a requires b and b only has ppc bits, then you can only build the
ppc bits for a, the linker likes to keep architectures separate.  I
think this is actually one of the main features Mach-o format.

The other question you asked is why the values for RC_ARCHS need to be
lower case.  I'm thinking this has to do with the fact that all of the
tools want the values to be lowercase (man lipo for details).  I have
no idea how this came about.

_Mark