[darwinbuild] Build Tools

Michael Franz mvfranz at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 21:16:21 PDT 2005

On 6/8/05, Peter O'Gorman <peter at pogma.com> wrote:
> Michael Franz wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > The readme states that there are additional tools for building some of
> > there projects.  If I am starting with a pure OS X system where do I
> > get kextsymboltool, relpath, and decomment?
>
> I recommend that you use the -chroot option, then you do not need these
> tools  on your main system, they will be installed in the BuildRoot.

I tried the change root flag, however, it seems that some of the
prebuilt packages are missing Libsystem-71.1.3.

I there a way to specifiy a different build from the one that I am
currently running?  What I understand is the build process will try to
rebuild the current verison that is being used to do the build.  So,
can I over-ride this?

Michael