[darwinbuild] Building with chroot

Michael Franz mvfranz at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 06:02:50 PDT 2005

On 6/12/05, Kevin Van Vechten <kevin at opendarwin.org> wrote:
> Shantonu asked, is ./usr/lib/dyld in the BuildRoot?  Its absence is
> likely to produce the illegal instruction message.
Sorry, I have been manually adding it since Shantonu's email.
Extracting dyld-43.root.tar.gz
It is also there since I started using cvs head last night.

> It would also be helpful to know which build plist you are attempting
> to build from, i.e. 8A428.plist?
I am now using th 8A428.plist from cvs.  It has the manual dyld entry
in it.  I was using the 8A428.plist form darwingbuild-0.5 which does
not have the dyld entry.

> Additionally, is there any sign of dyld in the
> BuildRoot/.chroot.receipts directory?
dyld-43 is in this directory.

> > I started over using the latest from cvs (everything) and now get

Again, I am now using the latest (from last night) darwinbuild from cvs head.

Michael