[darwinbuild] cctools compile problem

Kevin Van Vechten kevin at opendarwin.org
Tue Sep 13 12:31:51 PDT 2005

On Sep 13, 2005, at 12:26 PM, Robert M. Zigweid wrote:

> On Sep 13, 2005, at 2:44 PM, Mark Pauley wrote:
>>
>> It looks like you might not have cc in your BuildRoot.  Did you
>> install the DevTools first?  If so, you might try linking cc-
>> >gcc-3.3 in your BuildRoot.
>
> I definitely don't have it in my buildroot.  Just installed on the
> base system.  do I need ot chroot and install the dev tools that
> way?  (ugh!)  All this to resolve those nice circular dependancies.
>
> (Sorry for the double reply Mark.  Forgot to add the list)

No, you do not need to install the DevTools in the Build Root.
DarwinBuild takes care of that automatically.

 From the log you posted, it looks like cctools is missing its
dependency on gcc_select (that's our fault, a bug in the plist).  You
should be able to work around this bug by manually loading the
gcc_select project into the build root:

# darwinbuild -load gcc_select

Then re-trying your build.

- Kevin